Sacred Heart Catholic School has strong roots in Gospel values and Roman Catholic tradition from its foundation within a Redemptorist parish. Through the years, the Sisters of Mercy from Belmont, NC, and the Sisters of Notre Dame from Toledo, Ohio, together with dedicated lay men and women have molded and shaped the Catholic identity of the school.
Catholic identity is evidenced by:
- Daily prayer opportunities
- Religious education classes
- Preparation and celebration of weekly Eucharist
- Special prayer experiences such as praying the rosary, the Stations of the Cross, paraliturgical services and penance services
- All grades retreat day/experiences
- All Saints Day research and presentations (all grades) Saints Museum
- The Living Stations of the Cross presentation (gr. 8)
- Catholic Schools Week activities
- School-wide service to the community (Food drives, Boxes of Love, Lenten Alms and service)
- Participation as altar servers
As Sacred Heart strives to become a STREAM School, our religion standards will be infused and taught across the curriculum. Below is a link to the Religion standards from the Diocese of Orlando.