Sacred Heart Catholic School has strong roots in Gospel values and Roman Catholic tradition from its foundation within a Redemptorist parish. Through the years, the Sisters of Mercy from Belmont, NC, and the Sisters of Notre Dame from Toledo, Ohio, together with dedicated lay men and women have molded and shaped the Catholic identity of the school. Catholic identity is evidenced by:
- Daily prayer opportunities
- Religious education classes
- Preparation and celebration of weekly Eucharist
- Special prayer experiences such as praying the rosary, the Stations of the Cross, paraliturgical services and penance services
- All Saints Day research and presentations (gr. 8)
- The Living Stations of the Cross presentation (gr. 8)
- Catholic Schools Week activities
- School-wide service to the community
- Participation as altar servers
The Sacred Heart School Prayer
May God bless us…
the community of Sacred Heart Catholic School…
Let our minds be open to accept your teaching.
Let our hearts learn to love and forgive.
Let our actions reflect that we are followers of Jesus.
Help us to spread your Word, the good news of the gospel.
Help us to work hard and be with us as we learn and grow.
Thank you for the chance to make a new beginning today.
Watch over us and guide us so that we will always know your grace and love.
We ask this through Christ our Lord.